As we prepare for Halloween fun on Wednesday, we ask that you be mindful of the following:
- Students are encouraged to wear non-violent themed costumes
- Please avoid overly scary costumes
- Props/weapons or small accessories should stay at home
- We are not responsible for lost or damaged costumes
- Teachers decide when their class will wear or model costumes
Teachers will go over trick or treat safety rules, but parents are also encouraged to do so at home this week. This includes what children should do if they find a needle while out in our community “trick-or-treating”. Please see the attachment for help reviewing this at home.
Masks will be worn at the teacher’s discretion such as for a photo or costume parade. They will not be worn in class or out at recess.
Some families generously bring in treats to share. We ask that you please do not send “home baked” treats – this is a safe schools concern (Allergies from baked goods, peanuts, etc.). You may also consider a healthier option like a pencil, eraser, or stickers if you are sending something in as the kids always get plenty of treats on Halloween.
We look forward to a great day. Wednesday’s Dance-a-Thon is our main fundraiser for the year. We will have lots of fun and we thank you for your support.
St. Anne School Staff