To those families who received a confirmation phone call or e-mail from your child’s teacher, we will be deploying the first phase of Chromebooks tomorrow between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m.
Please note the following:
- Arrive at the school and pull into a parking spot between 1:00 and 3:00 Friday
- We can only have a few staff interacting so this will take time
- Chromebooks have been assigned by last name
- Grocery style delivery to your car: Chromebook is placed in the trunk of the car.
- Social distancing is maintained at all times
- Each Chromebook will be sent home with a “Self-Help” information sheet, which Computer Services has provided
- A Self-Help FAQ will be posted on our WCDSB@Home webpage
- A support line will be set up through the Help Desk (computer techs) – if all else fails but may be slower in responding.
- There will be a process for returning a Chromebook if it does not work and a new one needs to be deployed – more info to come
There will be a phase 2 deployment next week as we continue to collect information on more families who need a device.
In addition – we are collecting SEA equipment for those students and families. We hope to deploy these devices as part of phase 2 next week.
We thank you for your patience as we work hard to get all these devices safely out to you.
St. Anne school staff