Our schools Eco Team is announcing WASTE-LESS lunches every Wednesday
Food preparation will always involve some waste, but with reusable containers and planning, we can waste-less when packing lunches each day.
Tips for Waste-Less Lunches
· Involve children in the waste-less lunch goal
· Plan lunches with kids
· Have lunch containers that are reusable & pack food and drinks in reusable containers
· Use reusable cutlery
· Buy bulk instead of single servings. Buy a large yogurt and put smaller portion in reusable container.
· Make lunch fun and creative. Try making a Bento Box or a Snack-able lunch
· Cut up fruit and veggies into small bite size pieces
· Avoid the morning rush pack lunches the night before and keep in refrigerator
· Give children responsibility. Children can learn food preparation by helping to make lunches and help clean reusable containers.
This week and all Wednesdays onward – let’s make less waste at lunch.
Think Green ~ Be Keen
YOUR EAGER ECO TEAM